Monday, June 30, 2008

The Tide Turns

Sam makes the headline this week:  on the 'injured' list with high fevers, covered with cold washcloths and a rash. "Everything hurts and I need a special treat" -  Sammy 11pm.




Meanwhile, Jack had a fabulous week!  Harry pointed out to me that I wasn't really acknowledging this fact when people would ask. Cautiously optimistic, I would say "he's pretty good" when in reality he's never been better.  I suppose I was just too afraid to admit it, in fear that it wouldn't last. Then again,... the only constant is change. 

The kidney biopsy did not happen last week as his labs steadily improved (although still a work in progress) and his blood pressure has stabilized. The fevers have been banished! In his radically apparent new experience of freedom, confidence, and health he is an official wild man - running his mouth 24/7 , growing hair in odd places (thanks to steroids), and recklessly practicing his baseball swing.  OH... and eating like a truck driver.  (I thought the day would never come!)
 

4 comments:

kellie said...

AAAAAhhhhhh so happy to hear that you had a good week with Jack. I love that he is eating like a truck driver. Would love to catch up this week. miss you dearly! kel

Margie said...

I missed you guys this week and hope Sam is feeling better--when it's not one thing it's the other. And a big hooray for Jack--you go guy--I hope you were able to escape for the 4 th for some refreshment. Love to all,
Margie

Matt Dahlien said...

Steroids...tell Harry to set up the bench and get Jack on a lifting schedule. So glad to hear everyone is doing great...hope to see you all soon.

love Matt, Al, and Maddie

kbmargolis said...

hey ali:) i did not know all this history with your son. thanks for sharing it in your blog. you are inspiring. sending good thoughts and energy your way. much love to you and your family. xoxo