Wednesday, April 16, 2008

a new date

Surgery has been moved to Friday, May 2nd. Perhaps, now we can celebrate May Day. (What is May Day anyways!?)  I quickly leapt into 'planning mode' once we learned of the date last month and was gently reminded by the universe to quit it after the date changed for the third time.  So, I've softened up on the planning a bit and continue to trust in the abundance of life.  

We met with my surgeon last week and got briefed on the surgery, recovery, and his sense of humor.  (Jack was quick to inform him he was getting mommy's kidney!) So...no driving for 2 weeks and no lifting +10lbs for 6 weeks and surely no backbends.  My surgery will be performed laproscopicly (4 small incisions on my belly) and they will actually remove my kidney from my c-section scar. I should be out of the hospital in a few days.

No major updates for Jack other than he will have both of his existing kidneys removed during the surgery as one of them has reflux and could lead to infection afterwards. They also need space to accommodate my kidney.  

Life is exceptionally busy these next 2 weeks with work for both Harry and I but we're hoping to play as much as we can (all 4 of us) today. 

Love, Ali

No comments: