Thursday, June 6, 2013

no words

Hearts are full and beating faster than usual. For lack of words, I share these pics + video below. Surgery will begin around 7:30 am tomorrow, June 6.  Please hold these families close to your heart. 









One thing that is clear to me is HOW DEEPLY we are meant to be in community. I first connected with our kidney donor, Mekea, over a random pedicure in the fall of 2012. Two mothers walk in, each with an iced latte in hand, seeking a little bit of solitude. We collided a few other times at the park, pre-school, and at Lifetime Fitness. She is my neighbor, a mother of 3, my friend, the person that gives life to my son again. When we sat down this past Sunday night to discuss the journey ahead, we glanced down at our feet and, of course, we had the exact same shade of polish on.






Jack + Mekea = a perfect match

Mama bears + her babies (minus one cub)











1 comment:

Heather said...

Hi there! I hope the surgery went well! My name is Heather and I was hoping you could answer my quick question about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail.com :-)